This is Gregory Lois’ practical, up-to-date and easy-to-understand guide to workers’ compensation claims in New Jersey. This book is designed for employers, attorneys, claim adjusters, physicians, self-insured employers and vocational rehabilitation workers. This guide is written in plain English by a New Jersey State attorney and provides a detailed analysis of relevant statutes and regulations; a complete recap of recent court decisions including 2015 & 2016 cases; and a full description of current practice. This book provides a behind-the-scenes look at the complicated issues and makes the law understandable for business owners.
About the Book.
List Price: $29.00
6″ x 9″ (15.24 x 22.86 cm)
Black & White on White paper
ISBN-13: 978-1537026916 (CreateSpace-Assigned)
BISAC: Law / Labor & Employment
Available on Amazon.
New in the 2017 edition:
- Updates to all rates and benefits references with 2016-2017 rates; new examples with 2016 benefit and award calculations.
- New flowchart on reporting requirements (Chapter 1).
- Expanded section on Motions for Emergent Medical Treatment (Ch. 8).
- New comparison flowchart on differences in handling “standard” and “Emergent” motions for medical treatment (Ch. 8).
- Updated statistics on claim filings, reopener claims and case dispositions (Ch. 12)
- New Appendix with chart of maximum rates in effect by year (Page 176)
Includes up-to-date chapters on the Medicare Secondary Payer Act and MMSEA, OSHA regulations, and HIPAA considerations.
[Revision date: August 11, 2016]
- Introduction (page 1)
- Chapter 1: Initial Reporting, Claim Petition, and Answer (page 4)
- Chapter 2: Jurisdiction (page 14)
- Chapter 3: Employers and Employees (page 30)
- Chapter 4: Arising Out Of and In the Course Of Employment (page 39)
- Chapter 5: Defenses (page 56)
- Chapter 6: Indemnity Benefits (page 64)
- Chapter 7: Medical Treatment (page 81)
- Chapter 8: Motions for Temporary and Medical Benefits (page 84)
- Chapter 9: Medical Provider Claims (page 89)
- Chapter 10: Traumatic Injuries (page 92)
- Chapter 11: Occupational Claims (page 98)
- Chapter 12: Trial (page 108)
- Chapter 13: Liens, Credits, and Offsets (page 124)
- Chapter 14: The Second Injury Fund (page 131)
- Chapter 15: Medicare Secondary Payer Act (page 138)
- Chapter 16: Occupational Safety and Health Act (page 149)
- Chapter 17: HIPAA (page 158)
- Appendix I. “Cheat Sheets.” (page 173)
- Appendix II: Schedule of Disabilities (page 175)
- Appendix III: Benefit Rates by Year (page 176)
- Index (page 178)
Author: Gregory Lois